CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com.
CJ Bio America is an affiliate of CJ Group. As the market leader in four essential amino acids in animal feed, CJ Bio strives to become the top global bio company, while continuously pursuing competitiveness
in the areas of functional taste, environmental-friendly materials and alternatives. Today, the division manufactures and supplies a variety of bioscience products, including nucleotides, lysine, threonine, and tryptophan internationally.
• Work location: To effectively serve our customers the position will currently reside in or be willing to relocate to the Eastern U.S. This position will be home office based and will report to the Downers Grove, IL office
• Travel: This position requires 50% or more travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area, overnight, nationally and occasionally internationally.
• Sells products using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products to their needs, resulting in revenue generation;
• Achieve revenue budget and growth targets through strong tactical implementation.
• Develop and maintain relationships with the assigned customers, industry influencers and key strategic partners in the food industry
• New customer acquisition, delivers sales presentations, and closes sales
• Develop and implement key account strategies which drive and maintain customer satisfaction.
• Prepare, negotiate and present commercial offers and/or supply agreements
• Resolve customer concerns or issues while protecting company assets and interests.
• Differentiate CJ by effectively communicating value at multiple levels and departments in the customer organizations to include purchasing, nutrition and health, production and operations.
• Attends trade shows, conferences and industry related events as needed
• Coordinate sales activities across multi-disciplinary teams including but not limited to marketing, supply chain, division leadership and technical service.
• Keeps informed of and collaborate with company leadership on product development, research activity, food industry market trends, competitor activity, regulatory affairs and forecasting
• Contribute to marketing and strategic planning with key insights into technical trends and issue facing customers in the market.
• Develop and execute research and field trials which document product performance.
• Manage regulatory affairs for current and potential new product offerings.
• Create reports as needed.
• Doctorate degree
• Master’s degree & 3 years of directly related experience
• Bachelor’s degree & 5 years of directly related experience
• Associate’s degree & 8 years of directly related experience
• High school diploma/GED & 10 years of directly related experience
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Valid Driver license
• Reside in or be willing to relocate to the Eastern U.S. preferred
• Knowledge of food grade amino acids, or experience in a similar industry such as nutritional/dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, pet food for companion animals
• Ability to interact at multiple levels and departments in large, complex organizations
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to present technical data
• Strong organizational skills with minimal direct supervision requirements
• Demonstrated success in a results driven, team environment
• Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite; Sales Force.com
Successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment criminal background check is required.
We are an E-Verify participant.