CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com.
CJ Bio America is an affiliate of CJ Group. As the market leader in four essential amino acids in animal feed, CJ Bio strives to become the top global bio company, while continuously pursuing competitiveness
in the areas of functional taste, environmental-friendly materials and alternatives. Today, the division manufactures and supplies a variety of bioscience products, including nucleotides, lysine, threonine, and tryptophan internationally.
• Responsible for overall coordination of Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) based on FSMA guidelines
• Monitor animal and human food safety requirements which include but is not limited to legislative mandates, changes in certification requirements, FDA mandates (FSMA), etc.
• Responsible for external auditing program for both human and animal food facilities; conduct audits of distribution centers and other facility as applicable to the Foreign Supplier Verification Program
• Provide customer requested documentation and complete customer questionnaires
• Provide support in the development and maintenance of the Safe Quality Foods (SQF) program as applicable
• Ensure compliance of all local, state and federal regulations for human and animal food
• Ensure and administer organization systems and training
• Provide consultation and direction to ensure Quality System programs, processes and procedures are implemented successfully and function as designed throughout the operation in order to ensure the quality and integrity of manufactured products and services
• Develop, administer, and institutionalize cost effective strategies to maintain superior manufacturing hygiene audit scores in each facility; ensure strategies solidify a hygienic culture into the daily activities of each operation; serve/act as the POC and interface with all customers regarding related matters
• Assist all departments in compliance with both human and animal food regulations
• Knowledge of cGMP in a manufacturing environment
• Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) is preferred
• Knowledge of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act, Foreign Supplier Verification Act, FD&C Act, Association of America Feed Control Officials. Food import regulations, etc.
• Technical writing skills
• Ability to participate in a high performance team-based environment that is fast-learning and adaptive;
• Ability to communicate effectively and participate in a continuous improvement culture, including utilizing problem solving skills;
• Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Excel;
• Critical thinking, multi-tasking;
• Proficient in root cause analysis and implementation of sustainable corrective action.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
• HACCP certification, SQF Practitioner certification and PCQI is strongly preferred.
• cGMP experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment criminal background check is required.
We are an E-Verify participant.