CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com.
CJ Bio America is an affiliate of CJ Group. As the market leader in four essential amino acids in animal feed, CJ Bio strives to become the top global bio company, while continuously pursuing competitiveness
in the areas of functional taste, environmental-friendly materials and alternatives. Today, the division manufactures and supplies a variety of bioscience products, including nucleotides, lysine, threonine, and tryptophan internationally.
Translate and interpret information to/from Korean and English languages of spoken information and written materials. This is a full-time temporary position, start and end date: May 2018 – May 2019.
• Interpret spoken information to/from Korean and English languages during meetings, telephone calls, etc., including one on one and group settings
• Translate written materials such as correspondence, forms, emails, contracts and documents to/from Korean and English
• Review translated material for accuracy of meaning, grammar, syntax
• Utilize standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, fax ,machines
• Answer inquiries from contractors, employees and vendors
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma/GED
• Ability to speak, read and write proficiently in Korean and English languages required
• Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm, unless business needs require additional hours worked
• This job operates primarily in an office environment, but also will be required to move throughout construction project site as necessary
• This job may have exposure to loud noise levels, vibrations, fumes or airborne particles, vibration and outdoor weather conditions while working in the construction project site
• Ability to work in a stationary position for up to 90% of their shift
• Ability to ascend/descend stairs
• Ability to relay the style and tone of the original language
• Ability to render spoken messages accurately, quickly and clearly
• Apply cultural knowledge to render an accurate and meaningful interpretation or translation of the original message
• Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office
• Organizational skills
• Critical thinking, multi-tasking skills
• Competitive Health Insurance with low deductibles (Vision + Dental)
• Life Insurance for employee + immediate family
• Short Term & Long Term Disability Leave
• Flexible Spending Account
• Health Savings Account
• 401(k) Match 5% match
• Paid Time Off
Successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check is required.
We are E-Verify participant.