CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com.
CJ Bio America is an affiliate of CJ Group. As the market leader in four essential amino acids in animal feed, CJ Bio strives to become the top global bio company, while continuously pursuing competitiveness
in the areas of functional taste, environmental-friendly materials and alternatives. Today, the division manufactures and supplies a variety of bioscience products, including nucleotides, lysine, threonine, and tryptophan internationally.
Responsible for development, implementation and sustainment of key construction and contractor safety management programs during the construction process on behalf of the company. This is a full-time temporary position, start and end date: May 2018 – May 2019.
• Manage all aspects of safety and health on the construction project site
• Ensure construction project site compliance with regulations, guidelines, procedures and industry standards
• Develop safety standards and guidelines for construction project site
• Inspect and evaluate the project site, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations, company, policies and procedures
• Plan and coordinate work to eliminate hazards, minimize risks and manage safety incidents involving injuries or property damages
• Works directly with contractors and management team to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with construction project site safety
• Facilitates and participates in incident investigations and near miss reporting
• Plan, coordinate and conduct safety training on regulation and company requirements
• Coordinates safety meetings with contractors
• Safety document control - ensures safety documentation is complete and accurate as required by regulation
• Create and provide reports as assigned
• Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred
• 10 years experience managing safety of commercial and civil construction required
• Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm, unless business needs require additional hours worked
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions
• The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Knowledge of regulations and standards and hazard recognition injury management skills, and written and verbal communication skills as they pertain to the building construction industry such as OSHA, NFPA, NEC, ANSI, TCEQ, State and Local rules.
• Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Excel, SAP
• Organizational skills
• Time management
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Competitive Health Insurance with low deductibles (Vision + Dental)
• Life Insurance for employee + immediate family
• Short Term & Long Term Disability Leave
• Flexible Spending Account
• Health Savings Account
• 401(k) Match 5% match
• Paid Time Off
Successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check is required.
We are E-Verify participant.