CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com.
CJ Bio America is an affiliate of CJ Group. As the market leader in four essential amino acids in animal feed, CJ Bio strives to become the top global bio company, while continuously pursuing competitiveness
in the areas of functional taste, environmental-friendly materials and alternatives. Today, the division manufactures and supplies a variety of bioscience products, including nucleotides, lysine, threonine, and tryptophan internationally.
The construction site manager will oversee construction progress to help the CJ’s construction team in coordinating with its contractors. This position will manage construction on the site, control schedules and make necessary adjustments when needed, prepare reports on progress and on-site status, and oversee quality and safety. This is a full-time temporary position, start and end date: May 2018- May 2019.
• Work with contractors to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with site construction projects
• Comply with the project milestones, monitor and control project through administrative direction to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget
• Establish objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confer with contractors and to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems
• Initiate and maintain liaison with contractors to facilitate project activities to help better coordinate with the contractors
• Prepare reports for construction schedule, work progression, on-site status, and etc. in daily, weekly, and monthly basis
• Oversee and control safety on site
• Oversee and control quality of construction work
• Investigate issues and implement corrective measures as necessary
• Represent the company in project and strategy meetings
• Work with contract administrators to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer
• May requisition supplies and materials to complete project
• Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff and clients
• Create work progress, cost, budget and scheduling reports
• College Degree in related field preferred
• 10 years construction management experience required
• Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, unless business needs require additional hours worked;
• Travel is not expected for this position:
• This position supervises the work of others;
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions
• The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Knowledge in Construction Management
• Knowledge in Civil, Architecture and MEP
• Communication Proficiency
• Mathematical Skills
• Teamwork Orientation
• Computer skills
• Competitive Health Insurance with low deductibles (Vision + Dental)
• Life Insurance for employee + immediate family
• Short Term & Long Term Disability Leave
• Flexible Spending Account
• Health Savings Account
• 401(k) Match 5% match
• Paid Time Off
Successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check is required.
We are E-Verify participant.