CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com.
CJ Bio America is an affiliate of CJ Group. As the market leader in four essential amino acids in animal feed, CJ Bio strives to become the top global bio company, while continuously pursuing competitiveness
in the areas of functional taste, environmental-friendly materials and alternatives. Today, the division manufactures and supplies a variety of bioscience products, including nucleotides, lysine, threonine, and tryptophan internationally.
• Responsible for processing purchase orders and shipping schedules of import materials
• Communicate with suppliers; review and evaluate supplier contract terms and discount policies
• Preparing, processing and issuing export bills of lading, and responding to customers inquiries via phone and electronic correspondence
• Ensure all documentation is accurate and processed in compliance with booking, quality, company, and regulatory standards
• Coordinate and process documentation to include ocean bills of lading and letters of credit
• Communicate all issues related to shipment with freight forwarders/shipping lines, factory, warehouse, and customers
• Communicate with HQ Plant site and customers for all shipment related issues (price, certificate, shipping schedule, commission, AR etc.)
• Process and coordinate shipper diversions with overseas agents pertaining to export shipments
• Request customer material creation via MDG software
• Process purchase orders for assigned customers
• Communicate regularly with account managers & customers to ensure forecasts are accurate and up to date
• Maintain and reconcile inventory with warehouse on SAP to ensure information is current and accurate
• Verify sales and purchasing expenses are accurate and up to date
• Complete and submit monthly closing reports for sales, inventory and accounts receivables
• Correspond with customers daily through various communication methods to ensure customer satisfaction is met. Correspondence may include, but is not limited to e-mail, telephone, fax, etc.
• Post quality analysis and quality control data as necessary
• Request customer code & shipping code for both CJ America & CJ Bio America (MDG system)
• Upload claim data via VOC (SFDC system)
• Review for the AR and request payment every week and report to HQ and related departments
• Verify shipping schedules
• Review and prepare required shipping documents
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field
• Associate’s degree & 2 years of directly related experience
• High School Diploma/GED & 4 years directly related experience
• Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm, unless business needs require additional hours worked
• Some travel is required for this position
• Ability to remain in a stationary position up to 85% of shift
• Ability to ascend/descend stairs if necessary
• Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft office, Excel, SAP
• Ability to communicate effectively and participate in a continuous improvement culture, including utilizing problem solving skills
• Critical thinking, multi-tasking and troubleshooting skills
• Attention to detail
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
Successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment criminal background check is required.
We are an E-Verify participant.