CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com.
CJ Bio America is an affiliate of CJ Group. As the market leader in four essential amino acids in animal feed, CJ Bio strives to become the top global bio company, while continuously pursuing competitiveness
in the areas of functional taste, environmental-friendly materials and alternatives. Today, the division manufactures and supplies a variety of bioscience products, including nucleotides, lysine, threonine, and tryptophan internationally.
• Monitor pH, concentration, density and normality to ensure operation is efficient and accurate
• Identify process malfunctions and communicate service issues to management immediately
• Monitor and control assigned process equipment using HMI control software
• Take samples and test pH, Total solids, concentration, normality, and density
• Accurately and legibly record sample and process data
• Monitor assigned equipment and production areas to ensure cleanliness and normal operating conditions
• Perform other duties as necessary
• High school diploma / GED
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Able to work rotating 12 hour shifts
• Occasional confined space entry
• Ability to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of shift
• Ability to frequently move about the site to collect samples
• Ability to ascend/descend stairs and ladders to get to control room and to move about site to collect samples
• Hot/cold and dusty/wet environment, depending on location in refinery building
• Must be able to wear full-face respirator and protective equipment for sampling. This includes minimal facial hair in order to ensure proper fit of respirator in accordance with OSHA regulations. Must complete annual medical monitoring program, including pulmonary function testing.
• Lab experience is preferred
• Production experience is a plus
• Ability to participate in a high performance team-based environment that is fast-learning and adaptive
• Communicate effectively and participate in a continuous improvement culture, including utilizing problem solving skills; be flexible to all shifts
• Willing to cross-train into other areas; ensure conformance to standard operating procedures
• General computer use skills, e.g. Excel
• Competitive Health Insurance with low deductibles (Vision + Dental)
• Life Insurance for employee + immediate family
• Short Term & Long Term Disability Leave
• Flexible Spending Account
• Health Savings Account
• 401(k) Match 5% match
• Paid Time Off
Successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check is required.
We are an E-Verify participant.