CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com.
CJ Bio America is an affiliate of CJ Group. As the market leader in four essential amino acids in animal feed, CJ Bio strives to become the top global bio company, while continuously pursuing competitiveness
in the areas of functional taste, environmental-friendly materials and alternatives. Today, the division manufactures and supplies a variety of bioscience products, including nucleotides, lysine, threonine, and tryptophan internationally.
• Responsible for installing, testing, repairing instrumentation and automation equipment to include, but not limited to: valves; pressure; temperature; level, flow, conductivity, speed, force instruments; motor controls; PLC’s, HMI’s, etc.
• Calibrate plant instruments to include but not limited to: valves; pressure, temperature, level, flow, pH, conductivity, weight, force and speed instruments
• Responsible for completing work orders as assigned
• Design new systems as necessary
• Install new systems
• Create SOP’s’ as necessary
• Create PM’s
• Maintain inventory
• Works with contractors to maintain plant operations as necessary
• Adhere to all regulations required by PSM, MOC, OSHA, Food Safety, CJ Bio America, and State of Iowa
• Ability to work flexible schedule and extended hours if needed, which includes nights, weekends, holidays and overtime
• Ability to be on-call
• High School diploma/GED & 2 years directly related experience
• AAS degree in electrical technologies or related field
• Ability to walk extended distances, ascends/descends stairs frequently, ascend/descend ladders as necessary
• Ability to position self to complete tasks when working in small areas, valves or pipe racks, etc.
• Ability to work at extended heights to perform work as necessary
• Ability to enter confined spaces when necessary
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
• Ability to operate forklifts, aerial lifts, etc. as necessary
• Must be able to wear full-face respirator and protective equipment for testing. This includes minimal facial hair in order to ensure proper fit in of respirator in accordance with OSHA regulations. Must complete annual medical monitoring program, including pulmonary function testing.
• HMI or DCS experience preferred
• Calibration experience preferred
• H.A.R.T. communication experience preferred
• CMMS Software experience is preferred
• PLC programming experience is preferred
• Willing to cross-train into other areas; ensure conformance to standard work by following the process; communicate any issues to the appropriate resources in a timely manner
• Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Excel
• Critical thinking, multi-tasking and troubleshooting skills
• Analytical ability
• Industrial control troubleshooting skills
• Competitive Health Insurance with low deductibles (Vision + Dental)
• Life Insurance for employee + immediate family
• Short Term & Long Term Disability Leave
• Flexible Spending Account
• Health Savings Account
• 401(k) Match 5% match
• Paid Time Off
Successful completeion of a post-offer, pre-employment background check and drug screen is required.
We are an E-Verify participant.