CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com.
CJ Bio America is an affiliate of CJ Group. As the market leader in four essential amino acids in animal feed, CJ Bio strives to become the top global bio company, while continuously pursuing competitiveness
in the areas of functional taste, environmental-friendly materials and alternatives. Today, the division manufactures and supplies a variety of bioscience products, including nucleotides, lysine, threonine, and tryptophan internationally.
• Set-up and analyze according to standard analysis instructions
• Inspect raw materials and products to ensure there are no visual defects; take corrective action as needed
• Collect and/or receive product samples for production or material, depending on the type of material and security conditions
• Perform chromatography analysis of process samples and final products in equipment HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) to verify concentration
• Perform physical-chemical analysis of raw material, process and final product, using special equipment to check density, pH, color, grain size, nitrogen content, sugar and moisture etc.
• Support the development of operational procedures to organize and standardize the operation area
• Perform scheduled scans requested by productive area for testing of process improvements
• Storing samples as criteria for traceability and discard products used in analysis as criteria for safety and environment
• Inform your supervisor and/or guardian of the areas the analysis results, to support the activities of adjustments in the processes, shipping and receiving
• Responsibility for the repair and cleaning of laboratory equipment, performing periodic checks and preventive maintenance
• Maintain organization and cleanliness of the work area
• Perform tasks in accordance with quality and regulatory requirements
• Comply with Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) rules, including safe work practices and housekeeping practices
• High School Diploma/GED
• Ability to remain in a stationary position up to 80% of shift
• Ability to ascend/descend stairs, ladders, if necessary
• Must be able to move about the entire facility 20 % of their shift
• Must be able to position self to collect and prepare all samples at various collection sites
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds
• AA/AS in Science related field preferred
• Lab experience preferred
• Ability to participate in a high performance team-based environment that is fast-learning and adaptive
• Ability to communicate effectively and participate in a continuous improvement culture, including utilizing problem solving skills
• Work in a safe manner
• Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Excel
• Critical thinking, multi-tasking and troubleshooting skills
• Attention to detail
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Competitive Health Insurance with low deductibles (Vision + Dental)
• Life Insurance for employee + immediate family
• Short Term & Long Term Disability Leave
• Flexible Spending Account
• Health Savings Account
• 401(k) Match 5% match
• Paid Time Off
Successful completeion of a post-offer, pre-employment background check and drug screen is required.
We are an E-Verify participant.