CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com.
CJ Bio America is an affiliate of CJ Group. As the market leader in four essential amino acids in animal feed, CJ Bio strives to become the top global bio company, while continuously pursuing competitiveness
in the areas of functional taste, environmental-friendly materials and alternatives. Today, the division manufactures and supplies a variety of bioscience products, including nucleotides, lysine, threonine, and tryptophan internationally.
• Responsible for processing purchase orders and shipping schedules of import materials
• Logistic cost analysis; Optimize the logistics network and system
• Control/communicate with vendors; Review and evaluate the contract terms and discount policy from suppliers
• Preparing, processing and issuing export bills of lading, and responding to customers inquiries via phone and electronic correspondence
• Ensure documentation is in compliance with booking, quality, and regulatory standards
• Coordinate and process documentation to include ocean bills of lading and letters of credit
• Ensure purchase orders, invoices and similar documentation is accurate, filed and processed correctly
• Correspond to all issues related to shipment with freight forwarders/shipping lines, factory, warehouse, and customers
• Communicate with HQ Plant site for all shipment related issues (price, certificate, shipping schedule, commission, AR etc.)
• Responsible for processing shipper diversions, as well as coordinating with overseas agents pertaining to export shipments
• Request customer material creation via MDG software
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field
• Associate’s degree & 2 years of directly related experience
• High School Diploma/GED & 4 years directly related experience
• Knowledge of supply chain management, logistics, or a related field
• Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft office, Excel, SAP
• Ability to participate in a high performance team-based environment that is fast-learning and adaptive
• Ability to communicate effectively and participate in a continuous improvement culture, including utilizing problem solving skills
• Critical thinking, multi-tasking and troubleshooting skills
• Attention to detail
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm, unless business needs require additional hours worked
• Some travel is required for this position
Successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment background check is required.
We are an E-verify participant.